Eazi-Breed Sheep CIDR Applicator
Zoetis - For use with Eazi-Breed CIDR sheep inserts.
CIDR sheep inserts sold separately!
For use with Eazi-Breed CIDR sheep inserts. It is designed for repeated use (after cleaning and sanitising).
1. Avoid contact with skin by wearing protective gloves when handling inserts.
2. Only use the specially designed EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert Applicator for administration.
3. Restrain ewes appropriately prior to administration.
4. Wash the applicator in a non-irritating antiseptic solution, and then apply a veterinary obstetrical lubricant to the end of the applicator.
5. Push the tail end of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert into the applicator taking care to assure the tail is extending upward through the slot of the applicator and is pointed away from the handle.
6. Fold the wings of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert to make it longer and continue to advance the insert into the applicator until it is fully seated with only the tips of the wings protruding from the end of the applicator (see Figure 1).
7. Lubricate the protruding tips of the wings of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert with veterinary obstetrical lubricant.
8. Clean the exterior of the vulva with disposable tissue.
9. Open the lips of the vulva and gently place the loaded applicator through the vulva. The slot in the applicator should face down (see Figure 2).
10. Once the loaded applicator is past the vulva slope the applicator slightly upwards (35 - 45° angle) by lowering the handle, and then forward, without forcing, until the applicator is fully inserted or resistance is felt (see Figure 3).
11. Squeeze the finger grips within the handle of the applicator to deposit the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert in the anterior vagina (see Figure 4) and then pull the applicator backwards to remove it from the vagina.
12. With the EAZI-BREED CIDR Sheep Insert correctly placed, with the wings open in the anterior portion of the vagina, the tail of the insert should be visible, pointing downward from the vulva of the ewe.