Eazi Breed Cidr for Cattle 10ct.
Zoetis - The Eazi-Breed CIDR is used to improve the timing and efficiency of cow and heifer breeding programs.
CIDR cattle applicator sold separately!
Each Eazi-Breed CIDR Cattle Insert contains 1.38 grams of progesterone. Inserts are administered intravaginally, one per animal, releasing progesterone during the seven-day treatment period. For synchronization of estrus in beef cows, replacement beef and dairy heifers, an injection of Lutalyse must be given one day before insert removal; for lactating dairy cow synchronization administer Lutalyse when insert is removed. Removal of the insert on treatment day seven results in a drop in plasma progesterone, triggering estrus within three days.
(Lutalyse is a prescription drug.) Applicator sold separately.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
Helps synchronize return to heat and synchronize groups of heifers to be bred in a narrow window.
More focused heat detection and easier AI breeding within a narrower window of time.
Accurate breeding and calving dates.
No slaughter withdrawal or milk-discard time is required when this product is used according to label directions.
Wear gloves while using CIDR insert, avoid contact with skin.
Do not use in beef or dairy heifers of insufficient size, age or maturity for breeding.
Do not use in beef and dairy cows that are less than 20-days postpartum or in lactating dairy cows less than 40-days postpartum.
For best results, follow these simple steps:
1. Wear protective gloves whenever handling the EAZI-BREED CIDR Insert.
2. Prepare a container of clean water with disinfectant solution. Wash the applicator with the water between uses.
3. Fit the body of the insert into the applicator with the tail along the slot. The two wings will be pushed together, protruding about one inch above the top of the applicator.
4. Apply a generous amount of lubricant to the tip of the insert.
5. Shift the animal’s tail to one side, and clean the vulva.
6. Make sure the tail of the EAZI-BREED CIDR Insert is on the underside of the applicator, curling down, to ensure that the tail will be hidden from curious penmates.
7. Open the lips of the vulva and insert the applicator at a slightly upward angle, moving forward over the pelvic bone until it meets resistance.
8. Dispense the insert from the applicator by depressing the plunger, then slowly withdraw the applicator.
9. To prevent removal by curious penmates, you may want to clip the tail of the insert so that 2-1/2" protrude from the vulva.
10. To withdraw the insert seven days later, simply give the tail a gentle but firm pull to release the insert.
11. Dispose of used inserts in a sealed, plastic container in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.