Biomox Suspension 30ml RX
Virbac - Biomox is a semi-synthetic, broad-spectrum amoxicillin prescribed to dogs for the treatment of bacterial dermatitis and soft-tissue infections.
Biomox is a semi-synthetic, broad-spectrum amoxicillin prescribed to dogs for the treatment of bacterial dermatitis and soft-tissue infections. Some of these infections may include abscesses, wounds and cuts caused by susceptible strains of bacteria. Biomox is also known to treat ear, urinary tract, upper respiratory, bladder, dental and skin infections (infected bite wounds).
Biomox (amoxicillin) for oral suspension is used in the treatment of infections in dogs caused by susceptible strains of organisms.
The recommended dosage is 5 mg per pound of body weight administered twice a day for 5 to 7 days. Continue for 48 hours after all symptoms have subsided. If no improvement is noted within 5 days, the diagnosis should be reconsidered and therapy changed.
Add sufficient water to the bottle as indicated in the table below and shake vigorously. Each mL of suspension will contain 50 mg of amoxicillin as the trihydrate.
Store in original container at temperatures below 77°F. Store away from children and pets.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Amoxicillin is a semisynthetic penicillin and has the potential for producing allergic reactions. Epinephrine and/or steroids should be administered if an allergic reaction occurs.
FOOD & DRUG INTERACTIONS
Amoxicillin is not for use in animals with a history of an allergic reaction to penicillin.
Let your veterinarian know if your pet has ever had an allergic reaction to penicillin or to a cephalosporin. Tell your vet if your pet has kidney, stomach or intestinal disease.